Manchester United footballer Antony will resume training at the club and will be available for selection despite abuse allegations being brought against him.
Earlier this month the club placed the winger on a leave of absence as he faced allegations from three women in Brazil.
It’s understood he remained on full pay.
The 23-year-old Brazilian winger, who signed for United from Ajax in an £85m deal last September, has not been arrested or charged and denies all the allegations against him.
In a statement on Friday, Manchester United said: “Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has cooperated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.
“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed. This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.
“As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”
It comes after Antony’s ex-girlfriend, social media influencer Gabriela Cavallin, claimed the footballer attacked her “with a headbutt” in a Manchester hotel room in January, leaving her with a cut to the head which needed treatment from a doctor.
She also alleged she was punched in the chest by Antony, which she claimed caused damage to a silicone breast implant that required corrective surgery back in Brazil.
On another occasion, Cavallin said she suffered a cut finger while trying to protect herself, accusing Antony of throwing a glass cup towards her and then taking her passport away from her.
Cavallin is said to have filed a report to the Sao Paulo Civil Police concerning allegations of physical and verbal abuse by Antony while on holiday in Brazil, when she was pregnant, as well as making a separate complaint to Greater Manchester Police (GMP).
Earlier, this month, two other women made allegations against the player.
Rayssa de Freitas claimed she needed hospital treatment after being assaulted by Antony and a woman in May last year. She is said to have reported the alleged attack to Sao Paulo Civil Police.
Another woman, Ingrid Lana, claimed in a Brazilian TV interview she was pressured by Antony to have sex while on a business trip to England last year.
Ms Lana alleged Antony invited her to his house and pushed her against a wall which led to her banging her head.
United will continue to monitor the situation while police enquiries continue.